The Green Decade Transportation Committee
The GD/N Transportation Committee focuses on transportation issues in Newton, with recommendations about specific policy positions related to:
- Public transit
- Ongoing traffic and parking concerns citywide
- Promoting the use of alternative energy vehicles by residents and by the City
- Expanding Zipcar (link) locations in Newton
- Reviving the Nexus (link) bus as a two-way vehicle
- New housing and commercial development projects, to be transit-oriented as well as bicycle and pedestrian friendly
Bike Newton is one of our key programs, improving bicycle safety and bicycle accommodations crucial to enabling more Newton citizens to use bicycles for errands, school, commuting to the T and to work.
The Transportation Committee will evaluate all of these topics over time, initially as a study group using the Newton Comprehensive Plan as the template for examining transportation issues.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Volunteer opportunities with the Transportation Committee